1. Tabor Adama Cabernet Sauvignon 2013 - This fruit-forward Israeli Cabernet is a perfect addition for those who love either Israeli wine or Cabernets. Enjoy the red fruity flavors with just a hint of spice.
2. Domaine Netofa Tinto 2013 - This unique varietal is from Israel and packs quite the terroir punch. This one’s delicious with grilled steak!
3. Ella Valley Sauvignon Blanc 2016 - The tropical fruit shine in this crisp and clean 2016 vintage Israeli Sauvignon Blanc. This is a perfect wines for the summer months.
4. Barkan Winemaker's Choice Chardonnay 2012 - It’s 2012, it’s an aged chardonnay, but I was pleasantly surprised at how well this wine is holding up. Try it and you’ll see!
5. Castel La Vie Blanc du Castel 2016 - Wait, there is a bottle from the amazing Castel winery that’s under $20? Yes, this unoaked wonderful white wine is sure to be a favorite!
6. Dalton Estate Merlot 2016 - Dalton has the ability to highlight the smooth tannins of this merlot from the 2016 vintage in Israel. Very nice showing from Dalton.
7. Hagafen Sauvignon Blanc 2017 - This California Sauvignon Blanc comes from a great producer and is bursting with fruity pineapple flavors.
8. Contessa Annalisa Collection Gavi di Gavi 2015 - I’ve included this wine not just because Gavi is my son’s name, but also because this silky wine that Cortese showcases will that bring you straight to flavortown!
9. Elvi Herenza Rioja - This Rioja, filled with red fruit spice and tannins, is a smooth drinking red wine that can be paired with a multitude of Shabbat dishes.
10. Psagot Viognier 2016 - This Israeli Viognier showcases tropical and stone fruit with a full body and tons of flavor.
11. Terra Di Seta Chianti Classico 2014 - The Terra Di Seta wine is made from Sangiovese and comes from the classico region within Chianti. The acidic red fruit flavor shines through beautifully in this wine.
12. Capcanes Peraj Petita 2016 - This one is my personal go-to wine when I’m asked for one with a great quality to price ratio. The wine is full flavored with a great structure and balance - just a great all around drink.
13. Alfasi Late Harvest Sauvignon Blanc 2011 - Looking for a Sauternes for a tenth of the price? Then this is the luxurious wine for you - and best of all, it’s under $20!!
14. Elvi Cava Brut - A sparkling wine is a must on this list! The Elvi Spanish Cava is a tropical and delicious sparkling option.
15. Dalton Estate Rose 2017 - One of the first roses to hit the market in 2017, this wine showcases strong red fruit flavors while still being held up with nice acid.
16. Hayotzer Genesis Shiraz 2014 - Our first Shiraz on the list, this one is jammy, plummy, and packed with fruit! Hayotzer hit a home run with this Israeli Shiraz.
17. Pacifica Pinot Noir 2016 - The Northwest of America produces some fantastic and expressive Pinot. This one is no exception, as the red fruit and earthiness are illustrated wonderfully in this Pacifica Pinot.
18. Galil Mountain Alon 2013 - The Galil Mountain Alon wine is like a super Bordeaux blend. The Syrah added to the regular Bordeaux grapes gives it that extra jamminess and spice. Enjoy this wine with a great steak for a flavor packed meal!
19. Abarbanel Old Vine Riesling 2015 - Travel abroad to Alsace with this wine, where Riesling showcases the cool temperatures, creating crisp acidic wines that are perfect for a hot summer's day.
20. Ramon Cardova Rioja 2015 - This excellent Spanish wine is a true quality to price ratio, providing a full-bodied flavor experience for a steal of a price!
What is your go-to wine on a budget? Let us know below!